CRISIS MANAGEMENT IN OBSTETRIC ANAESTHESIA AND NEONATAL RESUSCITATION
This course will provide anaesthetists with a thorough review of the practical management of various obstetric anaesthetic emergencies as well as the fundamentals of neonatal resuscitation. The course aims to provide participants with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, technical and team-working skills in the management of these emergencies.
Course faculty includes anaesthetists, neonatologists and paediatric emergency physicians.
- Full day workshop (08:15-17:30) covering neonatal resuscitation and various obstetric anaesthetic emergencies such as:
- Maternal cardiac arrest
- Maternal haemorrhage
- The difficult obstetric airway
- Educational modalities include a variety of presentations, skills stations and fully immersive simulation scenarios.
- Endorsed by ANZCA, meeting the standards for recognition of the Cardiac Arrest Emergency Response Activity.
- Held in the new state of the art Sunshine Simulation Centre and run by anaesthetists and neonatologists experienced in simulation.
- Fully catered with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Limited to only 8 participants to maximise ‘hands on’ time.
- Consultant anaesthetists, especially the “occasional” obstetric anaesthetist
- Anaesthetic trainees who have completed Introductory training
- GP anaesthetists
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- On completion of this course, participants in the ANZCA CPD Program may claim:
- The Cardiac Arrest Emergency Response Activity in their CPD Portfolio
- 8 CPD points (4 hours) in the “Knowledge and Skills”
08:15 – 08:45 Welcome and introduction
08:45 – 09:15 Familiarisation
09:15 – 10:25 Maternal cardiac arrest presentation and ALS skills
10:25 – 10:40 Morning tea
10:40 – 11:05 Neonatal physiology and neonatal life support algorithm
11:05 – 12:00 Skills: Neonatal life support algorithm and airway
12:00 – 12:40 Skills: Neonatal umbilical vein & Intraosseous line insertion
12:40 – 13:15 Lunch
13:15 – 14:15 Simulation Scenario 1
14:15 – 15:15 Simulation Scenario 2
15:15 – 15:40 Afternoon tea
15:40 – 17:00 Simulation Scenario 3
17:00 – 17:30 Feedback and close
2022 WORKSHOP DATES:
- Friday 2nd December 2022
- Includes all course material and catering
- Consultant Anaesthetists and GP Anaesthetists – $1250
- Anaesthetic Trainees – $850
Please scroll down to CMOANR or use the catalogue search function.
You will have to be logged in to WeLearn, or create a WeLearn account, at the time of checkout when enrolling into the course.
*Do not close your browser window until the enrolment transaction is complete and you have gained access to the course in WeLearn (please take note of your invoice number at payment)
*Following enrolment, you will receive an confirmation invoice via email. If you do not receive this invoice after enrolling and making payment, please notify WeLearn at firstname.lastname@example.org and also Candida at email@example.com
All courses run at Western Health are approved to proceed by the Western Health COVID operations team. If there are any changes to the COVID guidance we reserve the right to cancel the course to ensure the safety of participants and faculty. Cancellation would be advised as early as feasible and participants would be entitled to a full refund.
On entry to Western Health an attestation will need to be completed. This attestation confirms you do not have any COVID symptoms or are in mandated isolation. Please do not attend if you are unwell or in isolation, we will issue you a full refund.
We reserve the right to cancel any course if insufficient registrations are received. This will occur no later than 5 working days prior to a course, participants registered will be notified and their course fees refunded in full.
All cancellations/transfers/refund enquiries are to be forwarded in writing via email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT CMOANR…
- “Fantastic, rare learning opportunity.”
- “Very high yield sims – thought provoking.”
- “Excellent hands on experience and ALS experience, great exposure to obstetric emergencies and neonates.”
- “Pitched at good level – engaging.”
- “Excellent, well run, informative.”
- “Absolutely fantastic. Very high fidelity simulation. Very worthwhile.”
- “Best sim scenarios I’ve done.”
- “An excellent day, has changed my view of the value of simulation activity.”
- “Excellent opportunity to combine obstetric and neonatal crisis together.”
- “Really supportive staff members, very warming.”
- “I think if I had not done your course the child probably may not have survived, either way I felt much more comfortable having done the course. I believe there is one more life in this world thanks to your team.”
For further questions, please email Dr Candida Marane (course convenor).