CRISIS MANAGEMENT IN OBSTETRIC ANAESTHESIA AND NEONATAL RESUSCITATION
2017 COURSES FULL
The remaining courses for 2017 are sold out. To be placed on the waiting list, or register interest for 2018 courses, please email Dr Candida Marane (course convener).
This course will provide anaesthetists with a thorough review of the practical management of various obstetric anaesthetic emergencies as well as the fundamentals of neonatal resuscitation. The course aims to provide participants with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, technical and team-working skills in the management of these emergencies.
- Full day workshop (08:00-17:00) covering neonatal resuscitation and various obstetric anaesthetic emergencies such as:
- Maternal cardiac arrest
- Maternal haemorrhage
- The difficult obstetric airway
- Educational modalities include a variety of presentations, skills stations and fully immersive simulation scenarios.
- Endorsed by ANZCA, meeting the standards for recognition of the Cardiac Arrest Emergency Response Activity.
- Held in the new state of the art Sunshine Simulation Centre and run by anaesthetists and neonatologists experienced in simulation.
- Fully catered with morning tea, lunch and mid-afternoon snacks.
- Limited to only 8 participants to maximise ‘hands on’ time.
- Consultant anaesthetists, especially the “occasional” obstetric anaesthetist
- Anaesthetic trainees who have completed Introductory training
- GP anaesthetists
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- On completion of this course, participants in the ANZCA CPD Program may claim:
- The Cardiac Arrest Emergency Response Activity in their CPD Portfolio
- 8 CPD points (4 hours) in the “Knowledge and Skills”
08:15 – 08:45 Welcome and introduction
08:45 – 09:15 Familiarisation
09:15 – 10:25 Maternal cardiac arrest presentation and ALS skills
10:25 – 10:40 Morning tea
10:40 – 11:05 Neonatal physiology and neonatal life support algorithm
11:05 – 12:00 Skills: Neonatal life support algorithm and airway
12:00 – 12:40 Skills: Neonatal umbilical vein & Intraosseous line insertion
12:40 – 13:15 Lunch
13:15 – 14:15 Simulation Scenario 1
14:15 – 15:15 Simulation Scenario 2
15:15 – 15:40 Afternoon tea
15:40 – 17:00 Simulation Scenario 3
17:00 – 17:15 Feedback and close
2017 WORKSHOP DATES:
- Friday 15th September (COURSE FULL)
- Friday 20th October (COURSE FULL)
- Includes all course material and catering
- Consultant Anaesthetists and GP Anaesthetists – $980
- Anaesthetic Trainees – $650
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT CMOANR…
- Fantastic, rare learning opportunity.
- Very high yield sims – thought provoking.
- Excellent hands on experience and ALS experience, great exposure to obstetric emergencies and neonates.
- Pitched at good level – engaging.
- Excellent, well run, informative.
- Absolutely fantastic. Very high fidelity simulation. Very worthwhile.
- Best sim scenarios I’ve done.
- An excellent day, has changed my view of the value of simulation activity.
- Excellent opportunity to combine obstetric and neonatal crisis together.
- Really supportive staff members, very warming.
For further questions, please email Dr Candida Marane (course convenor).