ANAESTHETIC EMERGENCY RESPONSES WORKSHOP
Accredited By ANZCA
This ANZCA endorsed Anaesthetic Emergency Responses Workshop will provide anaesthetists with a thorough review of the practical management of various intra-operative emergencies. The workshop aims to provide participants with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, technical skills and team-work during various anaesthetic emergencies.
- Either full day or half day workshop. Full day workshop will cover the following emergency responses categories:
- Can’t Intubate, Can’t Oxygenate (CICO)
- Cardiac Arrest (ALS)
- Half day workshop will cover:
- Can’t Intubate, Can’t Oxygenate (CICO)
- Educational modalities include a variety of presentations, skills stations and fully immersive simulation scenarios.
- Endorsed by ANZCA, meeting the standards for recognition of the ‘Emergency Responses’ requirements of the ANZCA CPD program.
- Held in the state-of-the-art Sunshine Simulation Centre.
- Fully catered for with morning tea, lunch and mid-afternoon snacks for the full day workshop. Half-day workshop will have morning tea only.
- Consultant anaesthetists
- GP anaesthetists
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- On completion of this course, participants in the ANZCA CPD Program may claim:
- The Emergency Response Activities in their CPD Portfolio
- CPD points in the “Knowledge and Skills” section.
COURSE OUTLINE (FULL DAY)
08:15 – 08:45 Welcome and introduction
08:45 – 09:15 Familiarisation
09:15 – 10:00 ALS Crisis Resource Management
10:00 – 10:20 Morning tea
10:20 – 10:50 ALS discussion
10:50 – 11:40 ALS skills station
11:40 – 12:15 CICO Crisis Resource Management Discussion
12:15 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:15 CICO skills stations
14:15 – 14:45 Simulation Scenario 1
14:45 – 15:15 Simulation Scenario 2
15:15 – 15:45 Afternoon tea
15:45 – 16:15 Simulation Scenario 3
16:15 – 16:45 Simulation Scenario 4
16:45 – 17:30 Feedback and close
2023 WORKSHOP DATES:
- Friday 26th May – half day (morning)
- Friday 10th November – full day
- Includes all course materials and catering
- Full day workshop
- Consultant Anaesthetists and GP Anaesthetists – $1150
- Anaesthetic trainees – $750
- Half day workshop
- Consultant Anaesthetists and GP Anaesthetists – $500
- Anaesthetic trainees – $300
All courses run at Western Health are approved to proceed by the Western Health COVID operations team. If there are any changes to the COVID guidance we reserve the right to cancel the course to ensure the safety of participants and faculty. Cancellation would be advised as early as feasible and participants would be entitled to a full refund.
On entry to Western Health an attestation will need to be completed. This attestation confirms you do not have any COVID symptoms or are in mandated isolation. Please do not attend if you are unwell or in isolation.
We reserve the right to cancel any course if insufficient registrations are received. This will occur no later than 5 working days prior to a course, participants registered will be notified and their course fees refunded in full.
If a participant needs to cancel for any reason a cancellation fee will apply. The cancellation fee is the booking fee of 2.5% (this is already included in the registration fee).
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT AERW…
“Excellent all round. Ticks the boxes, but so much more.”
“Very enthusiastic teaching team who have obviously put a lot of thought into the course.”
“Clear, technical teaching, good focus on behavioural aspects – simple but effective messages.”
“Very worthwhile. Enough realism and stress to make scenarios useful, but not confrontational or judgemental.”
“Invaluable hands-on experience and thorough debriefing.”
“Professional, non-threatening, instructive + stimulating.”
“Excellent day, useful workshops, great scenarios and not too much PowerPoint!”
“Great balance between skills and human elements.”
“Excellent, well structured, well supported learning environment – thank you!”
“CME actually worth doing.”
“Really great experience. All instructors so enthusiastic. Very informative. Great revision.”
“Content was excellent. Staff very professional, knowledgeable.”
“Can I do it again please!”
“Very good day – instructors went out of their way to be welcoming and non-threatening.”
“We often have to do courses just to satisfy mandated CPD requirements. But I really got a lot from the course. It was one of the most worthwhile course I’ve been to for a while.”
For further questions, please email Dr Candida Marane (course convenor).