ANAESTHETIC EMERGENCY RESPONSES WORKSHOP
Accredited By ANZCA
This ANZCA endorsed Anaesthetic Emergency Responses Workshop will provide anaesthetists with a thorough review of the practical management of various intra-operative emergencies. The workshop aims to provide participants with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, technical skills and team-work during various anaesthetic emergencies.
- Full day workshop (08:00-17:00) incorporating the following emergency responses categories:
- Can’t Intubate, Can’t Oxygenate (CICO)
- Cardiac Arrest (ALS)
- Educational modalities include a variety of presentations, skills stations and fully immersive simulation scenarios.
- Endorsed by ANZCA, meeting the standards for recognition of the ‘Emergency Responses’ requirements of the ANZCA CPD program.
- Held in the new state-of-the-art Sunshine Simulation Centre.
- Fully catered for with morning tea, lunch and mid-afternoon snacks.
- Consultant anaesthetists
- GP anaesthetists
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- On completion of this course, participants in the ANZCA CPD Program may claim:
- The Cardiac Arrest and CICO Emergency Response Activities in their CPD Portfolio
- 6 CPD points (3 hours) in the “Knowledge and Skills”
8:15-8:45 Welcome and introduction
9:15-10:00 ALS Crisis Resource Management
10:00-10:20 Morning tea
10:20-10:50 ALS discussion
10:50-11:40 ALS skills station
11:40-12:15 CICO Crisis Resource Management Discussion
13:00-14:15 CICO skills stations
14:15-14:45 Simulation Scenario 1
14:45-15:15 Simulation Scenario 2
15:15-15:45 Afternoon tea
15:45-16:15 Simulation Scenario 3
16:15-16:45 Simulation Scenario 4
16:45-17:00 Feedback and close
2017 WORKSHOP DATES:
- Friday 4th August
- Friday 10th November
- Includes all course materials and catering
- Consultant Anaesthetists and GP Anaesthetists – $980
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT AERW…
Excellent all round. Ticks the boxes, but so much more.
Very enthusiastic teaching team who have obviously put a lot of thought into the course.
Clear, technical teaching, good focus on behavioural aspects – simple but effective messages.
Very worthwhile. Enough realism and stress to make scenarios useful, but not confrontational or judgemental.
Invaluable hands-on experience and thorough debriefing.
Professional, non-threatening, instructive + stimulating.
Excellent day, useful workshops, great scenarios and not too much PowerPoint!
Great balance between skills and human elements.
Excellent, well structured, well supported learning environment – thank you!
CME actually worth doing.
Really great experience. All instructors so enthusiastic. Very informative. Great revision.
Content was excellent. Staff very professional, knowledgeable.
Can I do it again please!
Very good day – instructors went out of their way to be welcoming and non-threatening.
For further questions, please email Dr Candida Marane (course convenor).