ANAESTHETIC EMERGENCY RESPONSES WORKSHOP
Accredited By ANZCA
This ANZCA endorsed Anaesthetic Emergency Responses Workshop will provide anaesthetists with a thorough review of the practical management of various intra-operative emergencies. The workshop aims to provide participants with the opportunity to improve their knowledge, technical skills and team-work during various anaesthetic emergencies.
- Full day workshop (08:15-17:30) incorporating the following emergency responses categories:
- Can’t Intubate, Can’t Oxygenate (CICO)
- Cardiac Arrest (ALS)
- Educational modalities include a variety of presentations, skills stations and fully immersive simulation scenarios.
- Endorsed by ANZCA, meeting the standards for recognition of the ‘Emergency Responses’ requirements of the ANZCA CPD program.
- Held in the new state-of-the-art Sunshine Simulation Centre.
- Fully catered for with morning tea, lunch and mid-afternoon snacks.
- Consultant anaesthetists
- GP anaesthetists
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- On completion of this course, participants in the ANZCA CPD Program may claim:
- The Cardiac Arrest and CICO Emergency Response Activities in their CPD Portfolio
- 6 CPD points (3 hours) in the “Knowledge and Skills”
08:15 – 08:45 Welcome and introduction
08:45 – 09:15 Familiarisation
09:15 – 10:00 ALS Crisis Resource Management
10:00 – 10:20 Morning tea
10:20 – 10:50 ALS discussion
10:50 – 11:40 ALS skills station
11:40 – 12:15 CICO Crisis Resource Management Discussion
12:15 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:15 CICO skills stations
14:15 – 14:45 Simulation Scenario 1
14:45 – 15:15 Simulation Scenario 2
15:15 – 15:45 Afternoon tea
15:45 – 16:15 Simulation Scenario 3
16:15 – 16:45 Simulation Scenario 4
16:45 – 17:30 Feedback and close
2019 WORKSHOP DATES:
- Friday 11th October
- Friday 22nd November
- Includes all course materials and catering
- Consultant Anaesthetists and GP Anaesthetists – $1050
- Anaesthetic trainees – $700
No refunds, transfers or credits will be given for non-attendance or cancellation within five (5) working days of the course.
Prior to this, refunds will incur a $50 cancellation fee or you may apply to transfer to another course in the same calendar year at no fee.
All cancellations/transfers/refund enquiries are to be forwarded in writing via email: email@example.com
We reserve the right to cancel any course if insufficient registrations are received. This will occur no later than 5 working days prior to a course, participants registered will be notified and their course fees refunded in full.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT AERW…
“Excellent all round. Ticks the boxes, but so much more.”
“Very enthusiastic teaching team who have obviously put a lot of thought into the course.”
“Clear, technical teaching, good focus on behavioural aspects – simple but effective messages.”
“Very worthwhile. Enough realism and stress to make scenarios useful, but not confrontational or judgemental.”
“Invaluable hands-on experience and thorough debriefing.”
“Professional, non-threatening, instructive + stimulating.”
“Excellent day, useful workshops, great scenarios and not too much PowerPoint!”
“Great balance between skills and human elements.”
“Excellent, well structured, well supported learning environment – thank you!”
“CME actually worth doing.”
“Really great experience. All instructors so enthusiastic. Very informative. Great revision.”
“Content was excellent. Staff very professional, knowledgeable.”
“Can I do it again please!”
“Very good day – instructors went out of their way to be welcoming and non-threatening.”
“We often have to do courses just to satisfy mandated CPD requirements. But I really got a lot from the course. It was one of the most worthwhile course I’ve been to for a while.”
For further questions, please email Dr Candida Marane (course convenor).