Advanced Life Support Level 2 (ALS2)
Accredited by ANZCA, ACEM, ACRRM, CICM, RACGP and RACGP
The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Advanced Life Support Level 2 (ALS2) is a two day course aimed at developing advanced skills in the management of the deteriorating patient and cardiac arrest management.
- Learn evidence-based resuscitation guidelines and skills via lectures, interactive workshops and simulated scenarios.
- The ALS2 qualification is recognised internationally by organisations including the Resuscitation Council (UK), New Zealand Resuscitation Council (NZRC) and European Resuscitation Council (ERC).
- On successful completion of the course, candidates receive an ALS2 provider certificate which is valid for 4 years.
- Course includes: Causes and prevention of cardiac arrest; Acute coronary syndromes; Advanced life support algorithm; Post resuscitation care; Airway management; Rhythm recognition and ECG monitoring; Tachyarrhythmia and cardioversion; Bradycardia and transcutaneous pacing; Special circumstances – asthma, anaphylaxis, pregnancy and electrolyte abnormalities; Arterial blood gas analysis.
- Held in the state of the art Sunshine Simulation Centre and run by a multi-disciplinary faculty of qualified ALS2 instructors.
- Fully catered with morning tea, lunch and afternoon snacks.
- The ALS2 course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply ALS skills as part of their clinical duties, or to teach them on a regular basis.
- Appropriate participants include doctors, nurses working in critical care areas (e.g. emergency, ICU/HDU, anaesthetics/theatre, coronary care, acute admissions units, resuscitation/medical emergency teams), and paramedics.
- Prior competence in CPR is an essential prerequisite to attending the course.
- Medical students and healthcare providers not covered in the groups above are encouraged to initially complete the ALS1 course also offered at Western Health
2018 COURSE DATES:
- 29-30 November 2018
If your preferred course dates do not appear on the registration page, then that course is currently fully booked. If you would like to be added to a waitlist please email email@example.com and you will be notified if a place becomes available.
- Consultant $1,300
- Registrar/HMO $1,000
- Nurse/paramedic: $750
Western Health Staff Candidates:
- Consultant $980
- Registrar/HMO $750
- Nurse/paramedic: $550
Level 2 Sunshine Simulation Centre, Western Centre for Health Research and Education
176 Furlong Road, St Albans VIC 3021.